Saturday, April 10, 2010

cough, cough....

That's been me all week, bleurgh, i really HATE having a cold, i see it as a waste of my time and energy, and you don't get much sympathy either, not that i really want it haha

Despite being a bag of germs i have managed to push out a few FO's although i have failed my March challenge to sew a softie on time haha. I will finish it cos the fabrics were expensive and it is destined to be a gift for my new niece or nephew to be :)

First up, i'm supposed to be at a baby shower as i type and have spent all last week creating this little masterpiece, knitted to Tikki's rainbow dress pattern, NB size in Bendigo Woollen Mill's luxury dyed by Woolly Butts, 'spinifex' colourway. I love this patter and yarn together - too cute!



Second, for my old friend Buddy, a faithful companion for the last 15 years, he wandered into our yard as a stray and never left, i'm so glad you did Bud :)
Looks like the proverbial sitting there like that but dog jumper's do don't they lol! Knitted in Bendigo Woollen Mills classic 5 ply 'Poseidon' (held double for a bit of thickness for him) to Cosmo's Coat pattern so simple and very adaptable to any dog.


Lastly, a bit of a first here, my first tension swatch haha I bought this wool with view to do a Rainbow for my niece, but alas i think it is just too thick for our climate for a dress, it will instead turn into a vest or similar for Nina who has claimed the wool as her own. I'm in love, it's like knitting a party!
The yarn is Cestari superfine dyed by Ladybug loops :)



Happy weekend!
kez

No comments:

Post a Comment