Saturday, May 22, 2010

mid-year resolution check....

Hmmm, well as we race toward the 6 month mark of 2010, i've been thinking back to my new year's resolution of destashing the fabric and yarn here. I'd have to do the math but i think the incomings and outgoings from the stash equal a bit of failure on that one - oops!

SO, i'm officially back on the bandwagon, i'm resisting temptation and being inspired by what i have on hand here again and have heaps planned from my stash. I'm recommitting for the 2nd half of the year!

Got a couple of FO's to show off since my last post - all i think from yarn that i ordered in specially oops lol

A pair of mismatched ulitmate longies - i redid the legs soo many times but i think the colour change was just slightly longer on the tail end of the ball and even alternating didn't fix it. These are now residing in their new home and i wish that i had have just did one leg jsut one more time. They do, however, have a beautiful feel and are made from lovely cestari superfine merino, very soft and thick :)

Also, finally did a dress for Nina she's a tall 6yo so there's a lot of knitting there! It's made to Tikki's Eden's Eve pattern in Anchor magicline of Nina's choosing, it fits great, she mostly wears it to bed though lol! At least it's getting used though and it's the only one of my recently FO's to use stash yarn - oops haha She's also wearing her crocheted hat from her talented Nanny ;)


A purple Rainbow dress for my niece, fits like a glove and is too cute for words lol! Got the ribbon from Spotters for less than $1 and the yarn is BWM luxury 8ply.


Finally i have off the needles my first finished adult garment knitted to Andrea Pomerantz' 'Rosamund's Cardigan' pattern using Cascade ecological wool - this yarn i can't go on enough about, i love it, it's minimally processed Peruvian Highwool. My cardigan actually smelt like a farm animal when it was wet blocking, for some reason i found that exciting lol. It's soo wearable in our mild climate here and will be perfect for winter days here in the tropics :) I'll have to get FO pics when my husband is home but i've got a little teaser - lamo haha

1 comment: