Monday, February 1, 2010

Friends and FO's... and when inspiration strikes!

Friend being my sister, she came around today and did a bit of stash busting for me by making herself a zippered pouch like the one featured in "The Crafty Minx" book, i didn't get a pic of it but it looks totally cute in purple gingham and blue paisley and i've discovered a novel way of shifting fabric out of my stash to make room for new stuff, let someone else at it lol!!

A few FO's today, i bought this cute tea towel at my local oppie a couple of months ago and i knew it was going to turn into an apron cos it's kinda special, i don't know whether i've finished tinkering with it or not, maybe an embellishment in the girl's hair to tie the contrast fabric in better... The blue paisley used to be the most unflattering 'dress' i've ever seen in my life - honestly looked like a theatre scrub dress and i could NOT imagine it being worn anywhere else, it wasn't homemade either lol!


The little pinwheels - i think this is my favourite knitting pattern and the best $8 i ever spent haha The pink is for my niece or nephew to be, there'll be a blue one joining her and the blue hat is for a lovely lady at work who is expecting a new bundle very soon, i'll try and squeeze out a change roll between now and the end of the week if the mood takes me but seeing as i just made part of a birthday gift not due til April today hrmmmmmm..... lol!


Back to my title - when inspiration strikes, last night i decided that my very good and wonderful friend 'needs' a beautiful crochet blanket for her birthday, seeing as it took me 3 years to complete my last crochet blanket even the 9 month deadline could end up being shaky lol
I can't decide between this and this but i'm leaning toward the Babette and spent the better part of 2-3 hours last night going through many, many online yarn stores to find the right yarn for the job, stay tuned, this could get exy bwahahah

kez

1 comment:

  1. Oh love the pinwheels, Kaths pattern is great isn't it! I just made one identical in blue magicline for my little girl here:
    http://knittingmumma.blogspot.com/2010/01/sunhat-gets-wet.html

    ReplyDelete