Saturday, January 30, 2010

In the nick of time!!!


In true "Kerrianne" fashion, i have raced the deadline for my January sewing challenge and just beat the buzzer!

I had promised to deliver oven mitts and i have only upheld half of that bargain, mainly due to a dramatic undercalculation of exactly how much batting i had on hand lol! But i do have one mitt to show and will endeavour to make the other sometime in the near future! The pattern comes from my new book "The Crafty Minx" by Kelly Doust.


To make up for it i made not one but 2 theatre hats for myself to wear to work, now that i'm officially a working girl again, this fabric has been sitting in my stash going mouldy for at least 3 years haha At least i got it cheap! Fits the bill perfectly and if i chance to meet you at work, i'll be the snazzy one in the 'cool' hat hahahaha

Check out everyone else's efforts here, it's been great sifting through them and great for us all to spend some well deserved time working on something for ourselves (gasp) Thanks again Carolyn for starting up and hosting this great meme!

Now i can start thinking about next month's "knit" challenge.....

Kez

4 comments:

  1. Love the theatre hat!!!
    ... and the oven mit looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! I'd never of thought of making some oven mitts but I definitely need some :)

    love the theatre hats too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found your blog because of the sign up lists for the 12 months 12 sewing challenges. I missed January, but I'm kicking off the challenge in February - the knit challenge..how scary! I really love the cake n' biscuit spotted fabric that you chose to make your pot-holder it's very cute! I hope you get the other finished soon for yourself!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the hats? what work comments have you received in them?

    ReplyDelete