Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 knitdown first cabs off the rank...

The end of last year brought the need for me to declutter my ridiculously small space, so after taking at least 5 bootloads of 'stuff' to charity and sending probably half that again to the rag bag or the dump my attentions have turned to all the yarn the i 'had' to keep (a huge amount nearly went to Vinnies before my mum captured it first!)

First cab off the rank -
a tiny pinwheel hat in newborn size for an old friend expecting a new baby! I've got until the 14th to finish this gift, i'll be adding some knitted washers and hopefully a changemat cover all to match. I bought this yarn in a fundraiser for juvenile diabetes and admittedly had no plans whatsoever for it - even though i told Rolley i did haha. It's been sitting there unloved until i got the invite for the babyshower - i LOVE the colourway :)


Pattern: Pinwheel hat by Stitchymama
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mill 8ply cotton Hand dyed by Woolly Butts

Second project -
A little milo vest for my little niece or nephew to be, not finished and being knitted out of some very horrid acrylic wool mix, but my sister does not share my affinity for lovely yarn and in my destash i felt the need to hang onto it as it was my first purchase of 'nice yarn' - before that it was the really scratchy $3 a ball homebrand acrylic!! It well be cute and is pretty soft even though it's crazy to knit with. Not finished yet but there's something about watching projects climb off circular needles so i love a UFO shot :D

Pattern: Milo by Georgie Hallam








No comments:

Post a Comment