Sunday, January 3, 2010

January sewing challenge



I absolutely love the idea of this new meme :) Challenging myself each month with something i haven't done before - or need to polish. The first challenge being to sew something for yourself. I have chosen to sew myself some humble oven mits out of my new book The Crafty Minx, by Kelly Doust. Although i imagine they won't be too challenging in themselves to sew, racking my brains to think of what i would like to do for myself was challenging enough! Why is it so that ideas come easily when i'm creating with someone else in mind?

In addition to the above challenge, i'm also conducting my own challenge to knit and sew down my respective yarn and fabric stashes. Although they are quite modest compared with some, i do feel the need to get them into order and USE stuff instead of letting it sit there, so in light of this i'll be making my mitts using fabric and notions i already have :)

Can't wait to see what everyone else will be doing for themselves!

Goodnight
Kez

No comments:

Post a Comment