Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hiking and vintage awesomeness

Today Rolley took me on the most fabulous hike literally on our back doorstep - actually it starts a few K's away but it was like a mini-holiday for me. It's really made me think about how we really should know the treasures that are closeby and enjoy them. We hiked 12 Kms through the local National park, after the recent rains the creeks were all full with around 10 creek crossing it was inevitable that someone would end up in the drink. No guesses who went for a dip on the first crossing lol, i blame my shoes *cough*. It was wonderful and i want to thank my wonderful husband for organising it behind the scenes and then almost dragging me to the track. Admittedly i only did it to enhance his final days of a great holiday but i got a lot out of it too :)

Now onto vintage awsomeness, my mum's new year's resolution was to clean out her spare room of 'stuff. Fair enough, she saved 2 little treasures for me. First being 3 packs of Japanese Origami paper, which the kids turned into ice-cream's, rockets, boats and other treasures. I somehow managed to remember how to do a crane although i failed to record it on film lol. The second is this completely AWESOME vintage collection of sewing patterns bought by my Grandma in 1959, there are men's, women's, kids and babies patterns in there and the thing is in absolute mint condition. I so totally want to make myself one of the vintage dresses and hopefully Oscar and my toddler niece will benefit from a bit of sewing from it too. It's so nice to think that she sat here in this very house and sewed from and i'm about to do the same thing :)
I'm off to look it up on e-bay to see if there are other's around
toodles
kez

No comments:

Post a Comment